Polyurethane Sealing and Structural Bonding
Lansing - Flint - Ann Arbor - Oakland County
By properly sealing any cracks between concrete slabs, you can protect your property from excess water damage and soil erosion. You can also prevent your concrete from shifting or cracking as severely in the future. This will allow for longer use and lasting beauty. Crack sealing will also prevent stress cracks from splitting, spalling or possibly disintegrating large areas of the slabs.
Why You Should Use A Sealer?
Concrete, in general, doesn't have to be sealed to perform well, but the additional benefits of applying a high-quality sealer to your driveway will be worth the extra pennies per square foot the sealer will cost. Here are the reasons why:
- Sealing concrete not only extends it service life, it will also improve the appearance of decorative concrete by enhancing the color and gloss.
- Colored concrete can become faded if left untreated, use of patented UV stabilizers will increase life of decorative finishes and colors
Cheap Work Is All It Is Cracked Up To Be !
Mistakes To Avoid When Hiring A Concrete Contractor In Lansing - Flint - Ann Arbor - Oakland County
- Looking only at price – The cheapest contractor isn’t always the best. In fact, the best value is often offered by a costlier alternative. Always ask yourself why the price is lower and if it’s worth the initial savings. Remember, shoddy concrete work can look bad and be expensive to repair or replace. Be willing to pay the extra for a trained, meticulous contractor that follows ACI guidelines.
- Allowing the contractor to cut corners – The desire to save money, time, or effort may motivate some contractors to cut corners. Even if you aren’t an expert in concrete, have your contractor explain processes in detail before the job. All processes should conform to industry best practices and local building codes.
- Allowing the contractor to use inferior materials – A project is only as good as the materials used during construction. Ask what materials your contractor plans to use and if he has any long-standing loyalty to certain manufacturers. Request your contractor use high quality materials from a reputable manufacturer.
Below are Some Examples Of Work That We Did Not Initially Do, But We Did Have To Repair.